Events at Spark Bureau
Upcoming events at Spark Bureau.
Creating compelling copy
Tuesday, 20 February 2018 at 5:00 pm -> Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at 6:30 pm
Join accomplished journalist, Peter Owen as he takes you through this fun and interactive 10 week course on creating compelling copy.
- Tuesday 20th February ~ Write for your readers – how to communicate effectively
- Tuesday 27th February ~ Writing techniques – the art of writing engaging stories
- Tuesday 6th March ~ Interviewing – get the most out of every interview
- Tuesday 13th March ~ Introductions – where it all starts
- Tuesday 20th March ~ Don’t waste a word – remove the redundancies
- Tuesday 27th March ~ Advanced writing techniques – make your copy flow
- Tuesday 3rd April ~ The importance of reviewing – don’t file your draft
- Tuesday 10th April ~ The rules of writing – grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Tuesday 17th April ~ How to write a press release that will be published
- Tuesday 24th April ~ Write an email that won’t be trashed – plus some tips on managing email traffic
Peter Owen is a journalist with a 50-year career in newspapers in Australia, England and Hong Kong. He began as a cadet on Melbourne’s Sun News-Pictorial (now the Sun Herald). After working in London, he went to Hong Kong where he became editor of the afternoon newspaper The Star at the age of 24.He is a former editor of the Queensland Times (Ipswich), Queensland Country Life and the Sunshine Coast Daily.
For 10 years he was group executive editor of APN where, among other things, he oversaw the editorial training program for more than 400 journalists. He is a former director of the Queensland Events Corporation, a Member of the Australian Press Council, an Honorary Doctor in Journalism from Brisbane’s J-School, an Honorary Senior Fellow of the University of the Sunshine Coast, and is currently Deputy Chairman of the Sunshine Coast Events Centre. He provides media and communication training to corporates throughout Australia.
Asset Protection & Succession Planning for Business
Wed. 21 February 2018, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm AEST
It’ll never happen to me! Hear some of the stories that will highlight why you need to act now to protect the assets that you have assembled in your lifetime.
We are all busy people, but attending this session is a must to prepare for the unexpected.
Presented by BDO & SAJEN LEGAL
- Entity structures
- Asset Protection
- Succession Planning
Setting up a business
Tue. 13 March 2018, 7:00 am – 8:30 am AEST
Thinking about starting a new business or acting on that idea that will make a fortune? This event will walk you through a number of steps to get to a stage where you are good to go.
Presented by BDO
- Business registrations – how to apply for an ABN, TFN and business name
- GST basics – how to register for GST, GST threshold
- Activity statements – how to prepare your IAS and BAS
- Accounting software – outline of software available, including MYOB, Xero and Reckon
Trademarking and IP
Thu. 22 March 2018, 7:00 am – 8:30 am AEST
Knowledge is extremely valuable in business. Some even say knowledge is everything. This session will provide you with the tools to determine what you should do to protect your intellectual assets.
The team at Sajen Legal will walk you through some real life Trademark and IP scenarios and provide important tips and information regarding Trademarking and IP.
ABOUT SAJEN LEGAL:
Payroll Tips & Tricks
Wed. 11 April 2018, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm AEST
Don’t just hope that you can work it out. Knowing the rules and keeping up to date is important.
The experts from BDO will provide advice that works.
Preparing PAYG Payment Summaries
Reporting quarterly superannuation